Wednesday, March 5, 2014

What to Expect from The Oscar Buzz During the Downtime

Kevin Spacey in American Beauty
It's official. The second year of Oscar speculation and predictions here at The Oscar Buzz has come to a close. I want to personally thank everyone who has continued to read my work and interact on a personal level, sharing thoughts about everything. I hope to continue to bring quality coverage when the next Oscar season starts up in the Fall. As for now, we have a few months until we should even ask "Is this our Best Picture winner?" and that will mean that we'll have a lot more downtime. So, what can you expect at The Oscar Buzz between then and now? Quite a bit, actually.

If you haven't seen it already, please check out my Oscar wrap-up coverage, which has been posted in the past few days. I cover my thoughts on the winners as well as the ceremony's highs and lows. There's plenty of thoughts to be shared, specifically on my disdain for Ellen Degeneres as host. I would like to know what you thought of the telecast and if 12 Years a Slave is really as significant as I have made it out to be. With that said, I am going to miss all of the speculation of the 2013 season and the easy amount of fodder that I could think pieces on. I'm sure that I will reference these films again, but not with the same open-ended curiosity that one does have before knowing the answers.

With that said, it is time to look at the downtime and consider that this blog cannot quit just because there isn't any serious subject matter, especially considering that all of the Best Picture nominees came out after October. That leaves quite some time to fill up space with content. My initial hope is that I will continue to cover any and all films that will look like potential Oscar contenders, including director Wes Anderson's The Grand Budapest Hotel, which opens Friday. I will try to do this on a weekly basis, though do consider that there will definitely be some weeks of clunkers that do not deserve attention.

I will also attempt to keep up with reviews of noteworthy films that while not necessarily considered contenders, deserve recognition. This will probably include smaller films and really good genre films. I will also have a review of the Life After Pi documentary up within the next few days. I hope to explore a variety of platforms and content relative to Oscar content. I will also comment on any other updates or changes to Oscar ceremonies and possibly even highlight some big anniversaries. I will also do occasional retrospective pieces highlighting my favorite Oscar films and miscellaneous content in order to help readers better understand what interests me beyond the average ceremony.

Most of all, I hope to try and continue to connect with readers and provide quality content. I cannot guarantee that there will be as much released on a consistent basis, but I do hope that it will be released weekly. If you have any thoughts on ways to generate content and think pieces to fill up the empty spaces until next season kicks up, I look forward to hearing from you. Otherwise, I want to thank you for continuing to read my work and I look forward to hopefully bringing another exciting season of coverage.

No comments:

Post a Comment