Thursday, February 26, 2015

An Open Letter From The Oscar Buzz

Gene Kelly in An American in Paris
It is with sadness that I say that The Oscar Buzz will be entering a phase of hiatus over the next month, possibly longer. With this Oscar season over, I simply need time to re-energize batteries and take care of more personal and important matters before diving into potential summer content. While this will mean that I unfortunately won't be able to bring you reviews of new films such as Serena or Chappie, I will hopefully be coming back strong and ready for another exciting season of Oscar predictions. So what lies ahead for me? Read on to find out.


For starters, I am not giving up writing entirely during this venture of time. I am planning to maintain writing regiments on Readwave every Monday and Wednesday where I write about pop culture. I will also be at the flagship website Optigrab producing quality work, notably recaps on the TV shows Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Bob's Burgers, Girls and Mad Men. I am also currently running a music series on Bjork if you wish to peruse. I will also likely be posting any movie review between now and my return there, so keep an eye out for that.

I am also currently working on publishing short stories, which are available on Amazon, Smashwords, Barnes and Noble as well as wherever e-books are sold. 

Here's a quick rundown of each one and their pricing (click links for Amazon page):


"Blue Matters" ($2.99)






Also, coming out in March is the latest short story "A Meeting in the Bushes," which will be sold for $1.99.

So while I will leave momentarily from my duties, I have still provided a lot of quality content for you to peruse and hopefully enjoy. I will inform you of my return, hopefully by the end of March and provide a status update at the very least. I am looking forward to figuring out how to fill up some time between now and next Oscar season. I want to thank you for being patient and supportive. If you have any important questions that need to be asked, please consider my contact information on the side of this website.

No comments:

Post a Comment